I’m officially launching “Silicon Trailer” today and kicking it off in gorgeous Montrose CO. As you may, or may not, know my wife and I have moved into a travel trailer and will be wandering the country for the next few years. I have also decided to devote the majority of my professional energy towards GeekBrainDump.com and seeing exactly how far I can take it while literally living out of a trailer that’s smaller than my old master bedroom with internet connections that would at times make third world countries ashamed. This is my little slightly antagonistic way of trying to prove that all you really need to be successful in tech is an idea, passion, and to just shut the hell up and grind.
With that in mind whenever we settle down into an RV Park for a week or more I’ll be more than happy to meet with folks and discuss their projects, career options, startup ideas, etc. Much of the time we’ll be in the middle of nowhere, but the goal is to also spend significant time near cities with interesting tech. (There are actually 4-5 RV Parks between San Francisco and San Jose).
The rules to sit down for a chat are:
- Email me first to verify I’m around and have time to meet
- We can talk about Strategy not about specific configurations. In other words I’m happy to debate whether you should move your infrastructure to VMware or Azure Hybrid cloud, but I’m not going to help you actually configure it.
- You understand this is a business type of meeting. I don’t want new friends, and I don’t care about meeting “fans”. My goal here is that I learn what real questions people have in the tech world, and in return I provide you with my recomendations.
- I’m not for hire. I’ll happily give you all my ideas for free, and then you go away…
- You need to come with specific questions. One on one I’m not a spontanious talker. Don’t expect an in person version of the Daily Blob.
- And please remember that it is against my nature to rubber stamp stupid ideas. I genuinely don’t care about your feelings when it comes to the tech industry. I’ve told more than a few people that are up to their necks in debt for training that they have no place in tech world… You come for my opinion, you’ll get my opinion…
For the next week we’ll be here in Montrose Colorado (May 28th – June 4th). I have no idea if I have any followers in these parts, but if there are any and you want to DISCUSS QUESTIONS just ping me and we’ll setup a time to chat.