Why YouTube Sucks

Old 28 Comments on Why YouTube Sucks 177

Recently, a user had stole my copyright content, a big user, and he was making thousands of dollars from it. So I was upset by this. and flagged his video for copyright of my content. At first 9 of his videos were removed and then 24 hours later, I was banned. YouTube didn’t even ask for proof, they only got the other person’s word and banned me instead. So I was pissed off, and the user made a video mocking me and used my copyright content 3 times in a row and said “piss off”.  So I risked complaining on my main channel as I was not going to let this user get away with my content.

24 Hours later, I can not get on my channel:
Screenshot_1

I am now arguing with YouTube and trying to negotiate a more moral answer then banning the copyright-holder’s account. If I don’t get back on YouTube in the next week, I am planning of suing google for allowing copyright content on their server and making money from it.

I will not return to YouTube on another account. I will not support YouTube, and will use AdBlock on all videos I need to watch. YouTube needs to straighten out this mess, as I am being silenced by a Google partnership and apparently they have “all say” when I HAVE THE COPYRIGHT. I hope Eli realizes that YouTube is a complete mess, and hopefully he can still make a living from it.

I am now losing $80/per month from my revenue I was making from YouTube, and hopefully they can realize they were making money from me, and unban my account. Till then, I will be (offline)

Katy Pillman

Katy Pillman is the Lead Programmer for Tactician Studios LLC. She is young, but experienced in the technical field, and writes in her free-time. △ ◎ × □

• Katy Pillman November 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Just got my facebook back, had to prove identity so bull so I just told them my privacy of life comes first so they approved me. One thing harder in life.

1. Anastasios Barianos November 20, 2014 at 9:13 am

If I haven’t totally lost track of time, it has been years since the first issues involving artists and record companies. Then came the issue with gaming videos…Looks like they really don’t care about having a fare system. After so many cases and so much time, they should have changed the way they handle copyright issues… The fact that they haven’t tells me a lot!

2. dominic1995 November 20, 2014 at 9:30 am

Id email googles support team surely someone could get it straightened out. If not then i would sue them and the person that had the content.

3. dominic1995 November 20, 2014 at 9:30 am

If you can get in contact with that guy Id threaten to sue and I bet he will drop his counter suit. What videos are they.

4. dominic1995 November 20, 2014 at 9:37 am

damn hold on i will see if i can get some help for ya

5. dominic1995 November 20, 2014 at 9:38 am

damn hold on i will see if i can get some help for your channel

6. Davin November 20, 2014 at 9:56 am

I hope you know, she has no case. The item she is claiming is an explosion that the youtuber is using under fair use. He even gave the source of the video he used which is from years ago,

7. dominic1995 November 20, 2014 at 9:59 am

I couldn’t find the video. All of these were from years ago. I couldnt get to the support team for google or YouTube either. sorry Katy

8. Anonymous November 20, 2014 at 10:19 am

If Rich was doing anything wrong i would definitely agree with you, But he did not.

You have no case you have no rights to something that’s public. And on the website

It says ”Don’t be shy, drop us an email and say hello! We are a really nice bunch of people :)”

With the way you act i can’t agree with that at all. Lost faith in Tactician Studios.

The way YouTube acted was right and you deserve the ban.

9. Fivus November 20, 2014 at 11:20 am

What was the copyright content in question?

10. Chris November 20, 2014 at 11:37 am

Rich from reviewtechusa, which is clearly the youtuber you are referring to, has pretty solidly proved you’re wrong. He presented the source of his ‘explosion’, which you claim to have copyrights to, and proved it’s royalty-free. So If you are so sure about being right yourself, please make the whole case public. Present your arguments and proof.

• Katy Pillman November 20, 2014 at 2:35 pm

He hasn’t provided any proof of a license though, no purchases…

11. Warren Galloway November 20, 2014 at 11:54 am

Katy, looking at how you wrote that, I have to ask…

When you uploaded your videos, did you put it for:

A. Standard YouTube License

B. Creative Commons – Attribution
    Creative Commons licenses provide a standard way for content creators to grant someone else permission to use their work. YouTube allows users to mark their videos with a Creative Commons CC BY license.

With that said, I will have to say i do feel you went at it wrong.

1. You should list the link of WHERE your content is being used.
    2. Tell the person they are breaking your copyright and to remove your work from their video.
    3. If they do not have it removed within, I’d say 3 days (even if it mean removing the video and re-uploading it.), I’d then contact YouTube and tell them my issue with links and more.
    4. From there YouTube would have or would not have removed their video with your content.

Flagging the video in question only makes you look like a snob. Just saying as I’ve been down that road, people have been ‘stealing’ my work since 5th grade and it’s never nice when you are accused as the ‘copier’ or ‘stealer’ of said content/information.

I hope you have this resolved soon. I will suggest that you log all the videos that you know have/had your work being used without permission. And write a nice letter to them expressing your issue and the person who violated your copyright terms.

But looking back, if this person was making so much money off MY stuff, I’d request a shout out AND a link back to my works. Trade-off Advertising. I’m always up for that, when I need it.

More You Should Read

The Difference

Good luck.

• Katy Pillman November 20, 2014 at 3:08 pm

I’m done with google, I’m setting up bing ads api to use for my revenue as Micrsoft already pays me. Android can go **** itself. My attorney suggested not suing anyone at the moment, so I will just not use google. I will be a consumer of eli’s ftp.

• Warren Galloway November 20, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Oh. I wish you the best. People have taken only a little of my stuff in the past, I’m so busy, I don’t even know it until someone points it out at times.

Remember, there is Vimeo. Why not start your own website and make money off the ads there?

Good luck with whatever you choose.

• Katy Pillman November 20, 2014 at 11:53 pm

I’m just gonna stick to software development and GeekBrainDump. I just got my pay check and waiting for my bank to authorize it. But I will be making video software, so it might be a better investment as long as a png can render 30 times in a second, then I’m good to go.

12. Davin November 20, 2014 at 3:14 pm

How do you even know if that is even your content… It’s an explosion… How many of those are out there that are actually very simular to that one if not the same… Plus he has it edited in a way where fair use comes into play.

13. Davin November 20, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Lol, your lawyer suggest not to sue? Because you can’t win a case like that no matter what you do

14. SkyDog1972 November 20, 2014 at 10:32 pm

So basically you went after him without any proof that he had no license to use the royalty-free content? The system shouldn’t be guilty until proven innocent like you seem to want it to be. And although his videos were pulled temporarily, they are now back, as they should be without proof being shown on your end. As Chris said, present your arguments and proof. And if he does show proof of license, how stupid is that going to make you feel?

15. a-non-o-mouse November 21, 2014 at 1:33 am

you should call KFI’s Bill Handel on the Law radio program and tell him about your case. I’m sure he will tell you what he tells most of his callers, “You have absolutely no case!”

16. Chris November 21, 2014 at 7:30 am

He must have had a stronger case than you apparently, since his strikes were revoked and your account is banned. The package with stock video he linked http://www.tubetape.net/servlet/the-238/gunfire-gun-fire-muzzle/Detail?gclid=CjwKEAiAnLGjBRCk_I-y_4iAmB0SJADGjWWzMPv78nv6LUpxNrvktqq19OcC7OA2ItL7gubd2lB1RhoCWDXw_wcB in fact contains exactly the same explosion he uses and i fact it is royalty-free. Without a doubt.

It’s on you to prove he used your material and that you in fact have copyright to this material. Did you do that? If not, sadly, there is no case here for you. Also Rich pointed out that you claimed copyright on several other youtube channels. If you can’t prove you have copyright then this kind of behavior is indeed abusive. I’m sorry but you can only blame yourself here.

17. Ebey Pradeep November 21, 2014 at 9:16 am

Yeah YouTube is huge site ,with millions of user ,and content providers ,
    Something says Google doesn’t want micro manage these fights

Reminds me of teachers who didn’t care who started the fights ,and passed allot of wrong judgments for allot of wrong reason

18. ran76 November 26, 2014 at 12:26 am

a background explosion in ReviewTechUSA’s intro. The guy that runs it says it’s a royalty-free explosion.

19. John Doe December 5, 2014 at 1:45 am

Just curious how did the guy who stole your intellectual property, get hold of your intellectual property? I mean did you both conceive the idea and there was a falling out? You story seemed one sided. It would be in Google’s best interest to grow its user base, so to kick you out is not something they would prefer. Also, many times people come up with the same idea or concept. These people don’t have to know of each other and could have had the same epiphany because of need.

20. John Doe December 5, 2014 at 2:00 am

One more thing (as mentioned by some other commenter), did you submit any proof to google that the content belonged to you in the first place?

21. bbpress December 7, 2014 at 6:31 pm