FBI tells Apple & Google to Stop Going Encryptic Privy

Old 6 Comments on FBI tells Apple & Google to Stop Going Encryptic Privy 21
The FBI is not liking the secure data encryption Apple (and soon google will) offers on their devices.  Why?  Because it MIGHT hinder criminal investigations.  How?  They won’t be able to access all data on the devices.  They do surveillance on people who are not even involved with many cases.  Can’t they just use their ‘superior methods’ or if they KNOW the phone was used in illegal use, offer a mandatory five years of the suspect does not unlock it?

So, they want users to not have safe secure privacy encryption, what little there is?

Reading this excerpt:

“Comey said that he was “very concerned” that the companies were “marketing something expressly to allow people to place themselves above the law.”

It sounds like someone is just angry they do not have full access at all times.  And if a terrorist uses a cellphone or a kidnapper, I think tracing the phone’s location is FAR MORE important than the contents of the phone.  Sure, if you have captured either or, they could have the locations of the subject at hand listed somewhere on the device.  But really, how likely is that?  Don’t try to slaughter the whole for a few.  Do a better job at collecting evidence, the phone record should be the ONLY thing needed.

What do you say to think?  Should tech companies allow all access via anyone, including law enforcement?

Here is the article to reference.

Warren Galloway

Warren Galloway is a currently a freelance multimedia web designer. Is that even a title any more? Digital Media Specialist - You Want it Digitally, I can do it. "Eli for President, we should be happy, but also very afraid."

1. dominic1995 October 28, 2014 at 7:55 am

Basically they are upset that they cant hack into our phones.

• Warren Galloway October 28, 2014 at 10:52 am

Exactly. That is the ONLY thing I can see or sense. And even with iPhones… Find my iPhone, you can delete all contents on the phone remotely. I had to do that when setting up my iPhone5s during setup. I thought all things were “GO!”, but setting up FaceTime on it did something weird and I had to ‘format’ the device via Find my iPhone.

Nothing much was on there except for few food photos and photos of the dog, transferred, then formatted. All things were then “GO!”.

2. ebey October 31, 2014 at 9:03 am

I guess they want hacking into the phones more cost effective,even though its already possible ,it might take more

time and money making security forces job easier to operate within financial boundaries

its not these FBI people have a magic wand , they too have financial limitations

,people should stop getting scared of Osama Bin Laden crap , people have better chance dying in a car crash

than being killed by a terrorist and demand protection

• Warren Galloway October 31, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Exactly ebey. The ONLY terrorist I knew as a kid was COBRA COMMANDER. But I’ve know teachers and parents who hurt kids far more than terrorists.

Gangs aren’t terrorists. For if they are, what are corrupt police? Politicians who take bribes?

I ‘fear’ them more than a terrorist from another country.

But I fear a person who can’t decipher reality from make believe and he or she is depressed about life and in a rage with a gun or explosives.

That is what or whom I fear.

If the FBI was doing their job like BlockBuster Video Employee when it came for signing up for a membership, we would not be having such issues. Well, not so many.

But then, what terrorist would use a phone that can be traced? I read about disposable phones all the time. And have seen articles about prisoners smuggling drugs into the prison.

Cellphone security is needed. For if not, then a ‘terrorist’ could learn how to high jack and use someone else’s data/connection like the old peer-to-peer program Morpheus and wow, talk about innocent people looking guilty by default.

Just my thoughts.

3. Shray November 1, 2014 at 12:23 pm

They are cooperating with Google and Apple, they just said this publicly so we think that their “encryptions” can protect us and stop worrying.

4. Warren Galloway November 7, 2014 at 2:52 pm

We’ll see. Not everyone is criminal. But most of us might say something that ‘sounds terroristic’ while playing video games.