QUESTION: How do you get sponsors for your content?

Old 11 Comments on QUESTION: How do you get sponsors for your content? 19

I’ve been quite busy over the past few months building websites and WordPress plugins and widgets.

In the  course of my work, I managed to come across a  client who wants me to help him get some sponsors for his great content.

I’m not quite sure how to go about this.  Anyone with experience around this area to help me out? I know Eli The Computer Guy  has a couple of sponsors already may be he can advise too.

Thanks!

William Oneb

William Oneb is Java Programmer, Android Developer, Web Designer and is currently studying Objective C. He has developed at least 3 wordpress plugins/widgets. He is interested in iOS development too.

1. Katy Pillman October 22, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Just go find sponsors, they won’t most likely find you in the beginning.

2. William Oneb October 22, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Yeah, Thanks Katy. Just realized that Eli has already produced a video on how to find sponsor.

3. Eli the Computer Guy October 24, 2014 at 9:20 am

For me the sponsors actually come to me. All my sponsors have been in bound… Really if you’re trying to find sponsors the best thing to do is simply email marketing departments of the companies that fit in your niche and see what they have to say…

• William Oneb October 24, 2014 at 9:46 am

Thanks Eli, that points me into the right direction.

4. dominic1995 October 27, 2014 at 8:25 am

what would you suggest for a music channel or a hot rod channel lol

5. dominic1995 October 27, 2014 at 8:26 am

i plan on having many of hot rods and crazy cars one of which would be a mini cooper that runs on XP lol

6. Warren Galloway October 27, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Dominic, you know what to do. But I’ve found it strange… I’ll tweet random videos I like with corresponding hashtags.

I tweeted this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg9ppeUMpK4 #automovie #cars #engines

And @CarLoversUK retweeted and @AutomotiveRDT favorited. IF you have a video channel, YouTube, Vimeo, VEVO, Veoh, etc…

Make a short 2 minutes video stating you’re looking for serious sponsors, tweet it, with #sponsors and #[whatever type you are looking for] example: #music #dnb (UKers seem to look it up a lot), #hotrods #minicooper, etc… I’d s search twitter for said #’s just to see what pops up…

You never know who might jump on. But as Eli has stated, ALWAYS email. DMing on twitter can be tedious a times and you want to be official.

Think creatively.

7. dominic1995 October 28, 2014 at 7:48 am

Warren thanks. I got to get some videos going and possibly get some sponsors and subscriptions. William this might help you as well

8. dominic1995 October 28, 2014 at 7:50 am

Warren thanks. I got to get some videos going and possibly get some sponsors and subscriptions.I have decided to make to channels, because i couldnt just have one. I can post a few videos and share them on here if its ok with Eli and you guys want me to. William this might help you as well

• Warren Galloway November 15, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Good job. Just keep it up. Post stuff weekly. Be sure to use related tags and such.

9. JakeWildAcademy November 15, 2014 at 5:57 pm

I’ll echo what Eli says about emailing. I’ll also add that you want to explain precisely how they’ll be sponsoring you. Sponsoring a YouTube channel is a new form of advertising. YOU have to explain the particulars. Tell them why it’s a good deal for them.

My sponsors turned me down at first. I said, “No. You may not turn me down. You will sponsor my channel and I will make you a metric ton of money and here’s why:”

Then I told them why. They forwarded the email to the CEO. Then they sponsored me. And yes, they are making a lot of money.

You have to help people decide that they want to make money.